Based in Athens, Greece
Sooner or Later
Windows / Linux
Oceans are full of of predators and... you get to command a 7000 tones one. Modern Naval Warfare is a multiplatform 3D combat naval simulator focus on the current naval theater. It introduces the Virginia Class Submarine as a playable platform while more naval platforms will come along as DLCs. The game features highly detailed weapons and sensors, an immersive and alive world environment, branching and story driven campaign that can be played in single player, multiplayer and cooperative(multi station) modes and a complete mission/campaign editor.
We have spent countless hours with modern submarine simulators like EAs 688 Attack Sub, Microprose's Red Storm Rising, Sierra's Fast Attack and of course the Jane's 688i/Sub Command/Dangerous Waters series by Sonalysts. However for more than 15 years there was nothing new on the horizon and so we decided to take matters into our own hands. We did an almost 3 year initial research on the subject before we even started to make the first proof of concept. Both our teaser and the first pre-alpha gameplay videos were very well received by a community that was missing exactly the same thing: a modern submarine simulator. The rest as they say is history...
- Command several highly detailed platforms starting with the SSN-774 Virginia Class attack submarine.
- In depth systems, weapons and sensors modeling presented in a simulated 3D control room.
- Expansive world with real life weather, traffic and marine life.
- Lifelike physical environments with simulated phenomena that include deep sound channel, thermal layers, bottom bounce, convergence zones, electromagnetic propagation model and many more.
- A wide variety of missions including intelligence gathering and espionage, tomahawk land attacks, convoy escort and of course ASW warfare.
- Advance AI that utilizes its environment and modern ASW tactics to hunt you down.
- Complete multiplayer experience which includes coop multistation modes both for single missions and campaign play.
- Simpit mode that allows the use of tablets and old computers as additional screens for controlling the submarine.
- Fully featured mission and campaign editor.
Modern Naval Warfare - Reveal Teaser YouTube
Modern Naval Warfare - Launching YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Best Control Room Ever!"
- Onkel Neal, Subsim.com
- "It looks very awesome and I can't wait to play the real thing."
- FPSchazly, FPSchazly Youtube Channel
- "Modern Naval Warfare Demo, nicely done."
- Wolfpack345, Wolfpack345 Youtube Channel
Modern Naval Warfare - Discord
The official Discord channel for the game and a host many and interesting discussions about submarines. discord.gg.
Modern Naval Warfare - Subsim Forum
The various threads opened in subsim.com for the project. subsim.com.
Once, someone from the game industry said: "If we weren't writing games as a profession, we would be hating our day jobs and writing them at night". I guess we were those guys. Eventually we made it our profession...
More information on MaslasBros, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Modern Naval Warfare Credits
Submarine games Community! (subsim.com)
Supporters of any submarine game (including ours) and a very active forum.